I was expecting a possession football from Arsenal and a Leicester playing in the counter-attack as normal.
My trading positions in this game were dependent if Leicester would be capable of creating scoring chances and Arsenal ability to avoid it and to impose their game on the opposition's half.
Arsenal started well, creating goal opportunities pushing Leicester into their half. So I took a price around 1.68 for Arsenal.
I guess it was very important for the home team to score early in the game because it was the best position to manage the game against a team with the characteristics of Leicester (Wenger must have seen their game against Man. City :))
At the 16th minute, Jamie Vardy almost scored and Arsenal was starting to slow down the pace so I started closing my positions in their favor.
In the next minutes, the game begins to be more favourable for Leicester counters as they seem to have shut down the imposing game of Arsenal.
Thus, I started betting against Arsenal. Close to half-time Vardy scored and I closed my bet in profit.
Now Arsenal had put themselves in the worst possible situation against a team like Leicester.
But...more was to come. Again, Arsenal started very well in the 2nd half so I bet again in Arsenal around 4.8. I was not going to take a long position because the price would devalue minutes later in the game. I was just looking for Arsenal's goal early in the 2nd half.
The goal doesn´t appear but the red card for Danny Simpson did. The price of Arsenal got down a lot so now I had plenty of time to get a goal from the home team before closing my bet with no loss.
The draw came in around the 70th minute but I was not complete satisfied so I just partially closed my bet leaving more money in Arsenal's win.
From here it was a massacre from Arsenal. I had to wait until the last second but the profit was worth the risk.

No comments:
Post a Comment