Monday, 8 February 2016

Man. City of Pep Guardiola (Preview)




One of the major topics of the moment in England. Frankly, I think next season we will have a fantastic Premier League if we have Guardiola and Klopp, Mourinho at Man. Utd. and another great coach at Chelsea (Diego Simeone or Antonio Conte are my preference).

Contrary to what I've read out there, I do not think the squad will suffer a revolution. I believe the changes will be in the defensive midfield/first phase of construction.
Since Guardiola's time at Barcelona that we know that the coach is not a fan of Yaya Toure's characteristics, so it is almost certain his departure. The remaining players Fernando, Fernandinho and Delph do not have the characteristics (creativity, decision and technique) to be successful in Pep's team ideas.

For me, the biggest headache will be getting a "Xabi Alonso/Busquets" to act as a defensive midfielder. I do not see any player in the short term that can satisfy all the coach's ideas (perhaps Julian Weigl of Dortmund in 1 or 2 years). Perhaps Marchisio would be a good idea but I do not think Juventus will give up the player.

Then a good deep-lying playmaker (or two) will also be very difficult to get because the best are already in big teams and they will not let them leave.
I'm talking about players like Iniesta, Modric, Isco (Zidane, thank you for not letting Isco in the bench), Thiago Alcântara.
In the long term: Sergi Roberto and Dele Alli.

I am really curious to see the squad next season because the market is increasingly competitive and I think it will be very difficult for Guardiola to put together a team in his own image in only one transfer window.

Regarding the attack front, I think the players that will improve a lot with Guardiola's coming will be Sterling and Agüero.
#‎Chelsea‬ ‎Chelsea‬ ‪#‎ManUtd‬ ‎ManUtd‬ ‪#‎ManchesterUnited ‎ManchesterUnited‬‬ ‪#‎PremierLeague‬ ‎PremierLeague‬ ‪#‎Arsenal‬ ‪‎Arsenal‬ #‎Trading‬ ‪‎Trading‬ #‎Betfair‬ ‪‎Betfair‬ #‎Trader‬ ‎Trader‬ ‪#‎Football‬ ‎Football‬ ‪#‎FootballAnalysis‬ ‪‎FootballAnalysis‬ #‎ManchesterCity‬ ‎ManchesterCity‬ ‪#‎ManCity‬ ‪‎ManCity‬ #‎PepGuardiola‬ ‎PepGuardiola‬ ‪#‎Guardiola‬ ‎Guardiola‬ ‪#‎Liverpool ‎Liverpool‬ #‎LaLiga‬ ‪‎LaLiga‬ #‎Bundesliga‬ ‎Bundesliga‬

No comments:

Post a Comment