Saturday, 18 June 2016

Euro 2016: Belgium vs Ireland



Belgium: In this game Belgium's coach opted for what I have beeing telling here on the blog. Against inferior teams, you can abdicate of a midfield player for a more creative/offensive one. Totally agree with the placement of the defensive midfielder Dembele and Witsel at position 8 with De Bruyne in the middle and Carrasco as a winger.
Ireland: I don´t know well the team, I know that they will choose to defend deep and try to play on the counterattack.

Belgium took long to convince me. Only around the 15th minute I began to bet in favor of the Belgians on an odd of 1.89. My confidence was not much and I did not think that Belgium was creating many opportunities but I consider these three factors:
1 - Ireland did not create danger in the area of ​​Belgium;
2 - In my opinion, the odd of Belgium was too high.
3 - Belgium has players who can reach the goal of nowhere, with an individual move or a moment of inspiration (Hazard and De Bruyne mostly).

To my misfortune, I closed my bet at the break with a loss of around 4.3%. Misfortune since Belgium opened the scoring early in the 2nd half.

No comments:

Post a Comment