Saturday, 11 June 2016

Euro 2016: France vs Romania



Before the game, a took I look at the initial teams and France looked to me the best possible team to this game.
My idea started to change as the game begins. The France midfielders are with no doubt very strong relating to aerial and individual duels but it is, in my opinion, a good midfield to play against stronger international teams.
What happened in the first half was that France had a lot of problems in the first phase of construction. It was notable some disorganisation and few ideas to reach the opponent's area for neither Kante or Matuidi or Pogba are very creative players (Not wanting to take merit to the good defensive organization that Romania has shown).

The only time that France managed to reach the opponent's goal was through Payet.
In my opinion, against inferior teams, France may give up one of the men in the midfield in order to bring more creativity to the team. My options would be to change Matuidi for a player like Cabaye, or step back Payet and put Coman or Martial as a winger.

Because of what I explained above, France never gave me the confidence to bet in favour of them. During the first part I might even decide to bet against France, but in these tournaments, I prefer not to risk too much in the first games. I like to see the group stage first to realise the form of each team and then in later stages I can think of more risky bets.

Honestly, I was a little disappointed with France, I think if they do not improve they will hardly manage to win the Euro 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment